Our client is a climate-solutions company based in Singapore. They are a non-profit company focused on forest protection and preservation.
The Forest Protection and Conservation Manager will play a vital role in generating carbon-sequestration programs and maximizing the value of carbon credits in the project region. This position requires expertise in forest protection and conservation approaches, as well as the ability to plan and implement programs that ensure long-term carbon credit yield.
- Forest Protection and Conservation Strategy: Develop and implement comprehensive strategies for forest protection and conservation within the project area, aligning with Project Caraga’s objectives and priorities.
- Carbon-Sequestration Programs: Work closely with the team to generate and implement carbon-sequestration programs that maximize the value of carbon credits within the project region.
- Forest Protection Planning: Develop and implement plans for forest protection, including the identification and management of threats such as illegal logging, encroachment, and wildfires.
- Team Management: Lead and manage a team of Forest Protection and Conservation associates and forest rangers located in four zones across the Caraga Region. Provide guidance, training, and support to ensure effective implementation of forest protection programs.
- Monitoring and Surveillance: Establish monitoring protocols to detect and respond to forest threats promptly. Oversee the implementation of surveillance activities and the use of technology for enhanced monitoring capabilities.
- Collaboration with Indigenous Peoples: Foster strong relationships with Indigenous Peoples in the region, engaging their knowledge and perspectives in forest protection and conservation efforts.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Collaborate with local communities, government agencies, NGOs, and other stakeholders to promote forest protection and conservation, ensuring long-term sustainability.
- Education: Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Forestry, Environmental Science, Natural Resource Management, or a related field.
- Experience: Minimum of 10 years of experience in forest protection and conservation, preferably in a conservation or community-based context. Experience working with Indigenous Peoples and knowledge of sustainable supply chains are highly desirable.
- Technical Skills: Proficient in forest protection and conservation approaches, including threat identification and management, surveillance techniques, and the use of technology for monitoring. Knowledge of carbon-sequestration programs and carbon credit systems is advantageous.
- Leadership and Team Management: Demonstrated ability to lead and manage a team of associates and forest rangers across multiple locations. Strong interpersonal and communication skills to effectively collaborate with team members, Indigenous Peoples, and stakeholders.
- Analytical Thinking: Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to make informed decisions based on data and scientific research.
- Environmental Knowledge: Sound understanding of ecosystem dynamics, biodiversity conservation, and sustainable forestry management practices.
- Adaptability and Resilience: Comfortable working in remote field locations, often in challenging environments. Willingness to travel as required.
- Cultural Sensitivity: Respect for and understanding of the diverse cultural backgrounds, traditions, and practices of Indigenous Peoples in the Caraga Region.
APPLY UNTIL DECEMBER 2023