Our client is a shipping company and has different business such as combination carriers, digital, ship management, dry bulk and zero lab. They manage technical ships, getting gas in the middle of the ocean, Extraction of Oil – Process in the ship – Deliver to clients when reached the port.
• We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled data/software engineer to join our Data Operations team. The successful candidate will be responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining data systems, data pipelines and applications to support our business operations. This role will require the candidate to work closely with other data engineers, data scientists and stakeholders to understand business requirements and design scalable solutions.
• Design, develop, and maintain data pipelines and systems to support business operations.
• Collaborate with data scientists and business stakeholders to identify data requirements and design scalable solutions.
• Write high-quality code to support data processing and analysis.
• Ensure data quality and accuracy in all data systems and applications.
• Troubleshoot and debug issues in data pipelines and systems.
• Stay up to date with emerging trends and technologies in data engineering
• Higher degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or related field. Long experience in a position as software engineer or similar role will be accepted in place of the degree.
• 3+ years of experience in data engineering or software engineering.
• Strong programming skills in Python, Java, or similar languages.
• Experience with cloud computing platforms such as AWS, Google Cloud or Azure. Azure is a plus.
• Strong SQL skills and experience with relational databases.
• Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
• Strong communication, documentation, and collaboration skills.
• Experience with working with big data pipelines and message queue systems is a plus.
• Experience with PowerBI is a plus.