See more job openings in Finance and Accounting
Fast changing international company in the shipping industry.
• Responsible to perform financial functions related to the collection, recording, analysis and presentation of ship owning company’s financial operations. Assistance and/or preparation of the financial statements.
• Responsible for recording revenues and collection posting as per assigned vessels/entities.
• Timely recording of financial invoices and manual payments arranged by client.
• Analyze and record vessel operating expenses, crew-related expenses, business transactions and other posting instructions from client.
• Perform review of financial accounts to ensure correct transactions coding and accounting treatment; perform analytical review on the figures for accuracy.
• Perform bank accounts reconciliation and work with the Group Finance/Treasury for verification and posting of reconciling items.
• Liaise with various stakeholders (Group Finance, Treasury & Risk, Operations) on accounting matters such as but not limited to: month end accruals, intercompany billings and settlements.
• Perform balance sheet accounts reconciliation, account clearing (vendor, customer and balance sheet items), verification and resolving discrepancies/open items (GL & SL).
• Manages accounting of cost of a new asset. Ensure the correct value of fixed asset and keep an up-to-date fixed asset register to ensure good asset management. Coordinate with client for any impairment or revaluation of asset.
• Provide reports as per requirement of client and/or other concern parties and ensure adherence to client’s accounting reporting policies and procedures.
• Ensure all accounting treatment, processes and workflows comply with the accounting standards and company policies; review to maintain a robust accounting process.
• Maintain and keep supporting documents in digital form and properly filed at all times.
• Support internal reporting requirements for management and statutory compliance
• Initiate and participate in various improvement projects.
• Comply with KSSI administration policies and guidelines in performance of work assignments.
• Perform other tasks that may be assigned from time to time that are necessary for service efficiency to the Client and to support department/company goals and objectives.
• Preferably Accounting course graduate and Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
• Preferably with shared service background
• With experience in General Accounting and Corporate Accounting
Until June 2019!