Our client is the world-leading resources company that extracts and processes minerals, oil and gas based in Australia. With more than 80,000 employees and contractors across 90 locations, including the Philippines.
Strong analytical skills including the ability to understand,
Research, recommend, build, and validate quantitative models to capture market and credit risk.
Conduct independent market risk analysis of trading positions and strategies.
Conduct regular reviews of limits, policies, and procedures, assess proposed changes, and recommend changes where appropriate.
Participate in risk and other business project requirements; provide SME advice on the management of risk, market conventions or other issues.
Participate in the assessment and analysis of systems related issues, including risk systems and other business systems that impact risk.
Independently review the appropriateness and accuracy of commodity forward curves.
Build and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders (Book Teams, Strategy and Planning, MAE, Finance Business Partners, Technology, Procurement, and others as appropriate)
Be the key driver for various high visibility projects
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to understand, identify and evaluate risk positions.
- Understanding of basic financial concepts
- Numerate and strong in applying quantitative techniques in analyzing risk positions.
- Ability to handle uncertainty, ideate, plan, and execute.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in translating complex topics to wide audiences.
- Has excellent stakeholder management and influencing skills at the senior level.
- Passionate about continuous improvements
- Proactive in taking ownership of issues and following them to conclusion.
- Experience in a market risk position is a must, preferably in a physical commodity trading environment.