See more job openings in Business Process Outsourcing
Client is a US brand in the top 50 companies known for printing technology, but it is now more than just printing, they offer wide range of technology solutions like software for graphic communication and content management.
The Pricing Team Lead assists the Pricing Head in ensuring that tender preparation in cooperation with Tender Management and Key Account Management/Sales for global and regional RFQ’s are properly executed. He will support the Pricing Head on finding and creating innovative solutions for our global customers with the involvement of the entire DBSchenker network.
• Leading his team on the entire RFQ process from start to finish.
• Reviewing and supervising the entire documentation provided (RFI/RFQ).
• Working closely with Global Pricing / GTM / Local; Regional KAM to estimate project size and scope.
• Pricing Team Lead is responsible for the bid distribution to the involved Associates under his team. This includes proper review and communication of region specific requirements outlined in the documentation.
• Essentially, Pricing Team Lead will assist the Pricing Head in securing the completion of the involved tasks and ensuring that high-quality replies are delivered on time and in an organized fashion.
• Identify/ acceptance & handling of regional / local RFQs
• Leading and steering of RFQ’s within his team
• Independent regional development of tender specific transport solutions for Air & Ocean Freight
• Pricing/proposal preparation as well as verification and benchmarking in accordance with the divisions and local country organizations
• Handling of global RFQs (Global Accounts & New Global Accounts) that are received from the Global Pricing Team in Essen / Hamburg
• Responsibility of tender quality (quality & plausibility checks) within his team from the countries received within the respective region
• Communicates/escalates to the Pricing Head, if any on issues involving tender/RFQ process
• Assists Pricing Head in installing project planning and setting up periodic improvement checks, continuous monitoring of functional inputs versus targets, proactively identify solutions to recover gaps between inputs and targets
• Management of RFQ process within his team as well as – Distribution of RFQ material / documents / pricing templates
• Assists Pricing Head through the different steps of the offer process, including target setting, schedule planning, involving the relevant functions and sites, process follow up
• Attendance to customer meetings (face-to-face meetings), customer conference calls / internal conference calls with GTM, KAM / Sales and Trade Managers
• Collection of additional information such as: flight schedules, sailing schedules, carrier information, demurrage and detention, storage and the like
• Management of the team from disciplinary area to quality of work perspective
• Drive continuous improvement within the team
• Building and ensuring good partnership among departments with close working relationship
• Coordinate pricing collection from stations as part of tender management process
• Within his team , analyze profitability / sustainability of proposed pricing
• Excellent negotiation and communication skills (verbal and written).
• Strong intercultural understanding and team building spirit.
• Sound project and stakeholder management skills.
• Superb analytical skills, independent and able to work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to speak German or any additional language is a plus. University degree or its equivalent in Logistics/Supply chain Management/Business.
• Minimum of 3 years in the Ocean Freight management and procurement role with previous team leadership experience.
• Familiar with international logistics with good understanding of supply chain across all regions.
Until June 2019