The biggest power generation company in the Philippines.
Planning and Development
- Develops Steam Turbine Maintenance and Remaining Life Assessment (RLA) programs.
- Ensures that reliability engineering/predictive maintenance plans are developed, implemented, and executed.
Steam Turbine Program Management
- Ensures that steam turbines are being maintained in a timely and thorough manner.
- Ensures that steam turbine protective devices are properly calibrated and checked on a timely basis
- Audits load rejection and synchronization events.
- Tracks steam turbine operating hours adjusting the time between maintenance cycles based upon normal accepted standards allowed for abnormal operating conditions.
- Ensures that proper safety precautions and procedures are followed while performing steam turbine maintenance activities including the proper use of grounds, non-sparking tools, and cooling circuit purge.
- Prepares reports and presentations involving steam turbines for distribution to internal and external customers, including insurance brokers and lender’s engineers.
- Supports the BUs as requested for budgeting, planning, and scheduling steam turbine related maintenance activities and participates in all steam turbine related asset incident investigations, root cause failure analysis (RCA), and corrective action options analysis.
- As the subject matter expert for steam turbines, ensures that the third party technical specs for purchase orders and third party technical reports are thorough; develops relevant O&M technical guidelines.
- Supports site Maintenance and Engineering teams in Outage scope development, planning and tools and is present as required during Outages to provide support and advice on technical issues.
- Reviews weekly reports looking for anomalies and corroborating results.
- Consolidates monthly reports into a summary with any events to note highlighted.
- Conducts System reviews for each site on a quarterly basis highlighting non-compliances to AP Guidelines and recommendations to improve performance and align to best practices in this System.
- Provides periodic training to O&M organizations to help Bus assure optimum steam turbine system performance.
- Supports local talent development by mentoring and coaching specialists/engineers in programmes such as Project Token.
- Evaluates the performance of responsible BU maintenance and operating teams; recommends appropriate personnel.
- Assures internal/external stakeholder development through periodic plant visits to power generation facilities, meetings, site visits to OEM and technical service providers, and conference participation, as required
- Conforms to the company’s Quality, Environmental, Occupational Health and Safety, Asset Management, Energy Management, Business Continuity Management System and Information Security Management Systems policies, standards, procedures, and guidelines based on ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001, ISO 27001, ISO 55001, ISO 50001, and ISO 22301 Standards.
- Reports Environmental and Occupational Health and Safety events/incidents or potential events, or other security risks to the organization/ committees-in-charge.
- Protects information assets from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction, or interference in accordance with ISMS policies
- Maintains availability, confidentiality, and integrity of documents
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by the TL
At least 10 years’ experience in steam turbine maintenance in power generation industry or petrochemical/industrial gas production/refining (Experience requirement may be reduced for individuals with an advanced technical or business degree, or registration as a professional engineer)
At least 2 years’ experience working for steam turbine original equipment manufacturer (OEM) or industrial service provider (ISP)
Experience in preventive, predictive, and condition-based maintenance practices
Experience in performance enhancement and optimization of operating assets or processes
Experience in analysis of plant/facility financial performance requirements against operations, maintenance, and repair costs
Experience in reliability engineering, statistical analyses of failure modes, and root cause failure analyses (preferred but not required)
Exposure to plant information systems and performance monitoring software applications
Leadership: Experience leading technical team members in the execution of Design and/or Service Work Completion to successfully complete time-bound project and financial budgets within schedule
Project: At least 2 years’ experience in project management
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution / Master’s degree in Engineering, an advantage
Licenses: Engineering Board Passer/Professional Engineer, an advantage
Certifications: None required