Our client is a climate-solutions company based in Singapore. They are a non-profit company focused on forest protection and preservation.
The Biodiversity Conservation Senior Manager will join our team dedicated to generating landscape-level approaches to conservation, restoration, and ecosystem regeneration through carbon emission reductions and sustainable agriculture for the benefit and prosperity of the indigenous peoples in the Caraga region of Mindanao. In your role, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the successful implementation of our projects by establishing strategies for the conservation and protection of key wildlife and flora species, and establishing the monitoring, reporting, and verification of the net benefits and risks to biodiversity resulting from the strategic impacts of our initiatives and ensuring compliance with relevant standards and regulations.
- Establish and develop key partnership with biodiversity and wildlife conservation and research organizations in Caraga Region, including universities, non-profits and other initiatives where field collaboration, co-research and information sharing can be established.
- Social and Biodiversity Impact Assessment (SBIA): Utilize the Social and Biodiversity Impact Assessment Manual for REDD+ Projects to guide the mapping and assessment of indicators related to social and biodiversity impacts. Ensure compliance with the manual’s requirements and produce comprehensive impact assessment reports.
- Establish Biodiversity Assessment and Monitoring systems: either through direct monitoring or through collaboration with biodiversity/wildlife conservation partner organizations, establish the framework, systems and methods for conducting thorough assessments of the natural flora and fauna in the Caraga region, focusing on species that are threatened or endangered due to deforestation and population encroachment. Monitor and evaluate changes in biodiversity over time, documenting the presence or absence of key species and their habitats.
- CCB Triple Gold Reporting: Familiarize yourself with the CCB (Climate, Community, and Biodiversity Standards), including requirements for the achievement of “Triple Gold” reporting process and ensure that all relevant indicators and metrics are accurately measured, monitored, and reported in compliance with CCB standards.
- Collaboration and Stakeholder Engagement: Work closely with internal teams, including project managers, environmental specialists, and community engagement personnel, to integrate biodiversity considerations into project planning and implementation. Engage with relevant stakeholders, including local communities and indigenous peoples, to gather insights, address concerns, and foster partnerships for sustainable biodiversity conservation.
- Data Management and Analysis: Collect, manage, and analyze biodiversity data using appropriate scientific methods and tools. Maintain accurate records of data and prepare reports that effectively communicate findings and recommendations to stakeholders, project teams, and regulatory bodies.
- Education: Hold a degree in a relevant field such as biodiversity conservation, ecology, environmental science, or a related discipline. A higher degree (MSc or PhD) is preferred.
- Experience: Have a minimum of 10 years of professional experience working in biodiversity conservation, preferably in the Caraga region or similar ecosystems. Experience in the context of REDD+ projects and carbon-credit standards is highly desirable.
- Leadership Skills: Demonstrated management experience, leading teams, forging plans and seeing through execution of designed programs is required.
- Knowledge and Expertise: Possess a comprehensive understanding of the natural flora and fauna of the Caraga region, including threatened or endangered species and their habitats. Demonstrable experience and knowledge working with VERRA’s Climate Community and Biodiversity Standards (CCB) and the Social and Biodiversity Impact Assessment Manual for REDD+ Projects will create a distinct advantage.
- Analytical Skills: Demonstrate strong analytical and data interpretation skills, including experience with statistical analysis software and biodiversity mapping tools. Ability to identify key indicators, assess impacts, and propose mitigation measures is critical.
- Communication and Collaboration: Exhibit excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively convey complex scientific information to diverse audiences. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively in multidisciplinary teams and engage with stakeholders are essential.
- Problem-Solving and Adaptability: Showcase a proactive and solution-oriented approach to problem-solving, with the ability to adapt to changing project requirements and priorities. Display a passion for biodiversity conservation and a commitment to sustainable development.
- If you are passionate about biodiversity conservation, have a solid understanding of carbon-credit standards, and are dedicated to promoting the well-being of indigenous peoples, we encourage you to apply for the position of Biodiversity Expert at Project Caraga.
APPLY UNTIL DECEMBER 2023