Our executive recruitment client is one of the most progressive digital banks.
• Responsible for establishing and implementing Operational Risk Management (ORM) strategies and framework of the Bank.
• Regular review and updating of ORM policies, procedures, guidelines and ORMC Charter.
• Ensure that business growth is balanced with sound operational risk management.
• Responsible for working with the CRO to enable the business to understand the risk/return relationship that affects each channel, introducer and product line at the same time proactively and collaboratively works with risk teams and the businesses/functions to develop strategic direction and achievement of long-term objectives.
• Recommend to the Board of Directors and Senior Management appropriate policies and procedures relating to operational risk management and controls.
• Design and implement the Bank’s operational risk assessment methodology, tools and risk reporting system.
• Coordinate operational risk management activities across the organization.
• Consolidate all relevant operational risk information/reports to be elevated/presented to the Board and Senior Management.
• Provide operational risk management training and advice to business and functional units on operational risk management issues.
• Coordinate with CCGO, Internal and External Audit, Legal and other relevant units on operational risk matters.
• Review operational risk impact of new products and processes initiated by other units.
• Review newly formulated policies and ensure that all operational risks are adequately mitigated.
• Recommend policy or procedural changes in light of analyzed trends and systemic problems from operational risk exposures.
• Liaise with the Senior Management and stakeholders from the business/functions of the Bank on their operational risk management plans and practices involving policies and procedures.
• Supervise the development of training materials/risk awareness programs (e.g., e-learning modules, broadcast materials, focus group discussions, trainings and seminars) to institutionalize a risk conscious environment.
• Represent the ORM in varying capacities and purpose, to management committees of the Bank.
• Provide updates for the annual ICAAP report for operational risk.
• Perform other tasks and special projects as may be assigned by the CRO.
• Manage the day-to-day operations of the Division.
• Echo Senior Management, CRO and Board directions to ORMD.
• Motivate the team and manage their expectations.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and/or Business-related degrees/courses
• Clear understanding of the Risk Management Framework, Different risk types and exposures, operational risk trends and the threat landscape.
• Knowledgeable of sound operational risk management and BSP’s Circular 900
• Experience with implementing and managing governance tools/systems, and policy/procedure development.
• Program Management Experience or management of multiple concurrent projects
• At least 15 years solid experience in Audit, Compliance, and/or Operational Risk management and related disciplines.
• At least 10 years of experience in a leadership capacity