See more job openings in Banking
Client is a leading international corporate bank.
AML specialist (at least 3 years of Compliance / AML experience) is sought to assist the CCO in Client & Transactional approvals, including Sanctions assessment.
• Provide advice to Business on key requirements in accordance with AML & Sanctions policies and procedures.
• Provide guidance on assessment of AML risks eg. PEP, Adverse news, Tax risk, Sanctions etc., as well as mitigation of red flags.
• Assist in approvals of Customer Due Diligence (CDD) files and Transactional Due Diligence (TDD) alerts, including assessment of Screenings & Sanctions hits.
• Review and investigate unusual behaviour in post-transactions monitoring, including design & testing of system scenarios.
• Provide feedback & training to Business & CDD processing analysts on focus areas.
• Provide support to CCO on AML & Sanctions queries.
• Any other related tasks such as conducting risk assessments, update of policy manuals, etc.
• Prior experience in interpretation and application of AML laws & regulations, in particular recent developments from FATF recommendations.
• Knowledge and experience in Sanctions assessments & developments.
• Ability to work independently in CDD and other AML monitoring and advisory activities.
• The candidate must have excellent communication skills and ability to build rapport with the CDD processing teams & Business staff.
• Knowledge of Wholesale Banking products and/or FATCA and/or CRS will be an advantage.