This job post is a Global Digital Bank.
• The Lead of Financial Crimes is accountable for leading a first-line team in
order to ensure that Retail bank effectively manages its external fraud and
AML risks within risk appetite and within customer expectations.
• This role is responsible for defining and implementing the fraud prevention, detection, and response strategies across Retail.
• This role is an active contributor to establishing and delivering on the agreed vision and strategy of Operations and Retail business.
The core functions of this role are:
– Developing strategies and control frameworks to protect customers and the Bank from customer application through to monitoring and throughout the entire customer lifecycle
– Prioritising and overseeing the execution of agreed strategies from an operational perspective
– Ensuring risks are identified & assessed and controls are designed & implemented in line with control objectives and where applicable, comply with minimum standards, bank’s Fraud Policy, regulations, and other compliance obligations
– Lead a team of fraud professionals within the Bank and oversight management within the bank and building fraud awareness and capability throughout the organization
• Fraud and AML experience
• Banking or Fintech background, preferably digital
• Must understand the end-to-end fraud risks for all retail banking products, customers and channels, and design a control framework that ensures risks remain within appetite.