Our client is one of the world’s largest diversified mining and natural resources companies. It is a global leader in the extraction and processing of minerals, oil, and gas. The company is involved in the exploration, development, and production of a wide range of commodities, including iron ore, copper, coal, petroleum, and more.
Location: Bonifacio Global City, Taguig
- The Risk Specialist is responsible for providing risk analytical support and related advisory services to BHP Commercial teams globally across multiple commodity groups and inbound procurement for BHP’s assets. The Risk Specialist should be willing to support and drive change as the business evolves and have a proven track record conducting risk management activities and strategies.
- Support the Credit and Market Risk managers to deliver the global governance mandate for counterparty and market risk for all of BHP’s commercial activities.
- Perform risk analyses to uncover insights on portfolio credit performance trends and monitor market conditions and news media continually for economic trends or adverse conditions that impact counterparties, exposures or business relationships.
- Understand Market Risk Management concepts, models, instruments, and exposures (e.g. time spread, basis risk, non-linear products)
- Articulate and with an ability to document areas of market risk, limits, and weaknesses
- Preserve credit scoring model policy, processes, and procedures towards managing default risk and predicting credit losses at the counterparty and portfolio levels.
- Utilize and enhance in-house analytic tools to evaluate and maintain robust data analysis and reporting for management to make timely, informed decisions. Ensure the accuracy of data, exposure, and reports.
- Interface extensively with front office personnel to gather information needed for credit due diligence on complex and structured transactions and provide recommendations for credit enhancement and deal structuring.
- Participate in the audit process responding to questions raised by auditors and or regulators during annual exams.
- Participate and collaborate in cross-functional projects as a subject matter expert for credit and market risk.
- Enthusiastic in demonstrating strong teamwork and collaboration by partnering with others to meet common objectives.
- Be able to lead cross-functional projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; preferably in a quantitative discipline such as Engineering, Finance, Statistics, Economics, or Data Analytics.
- Extensive years of experience, preferably in the commodities industry.
- Professional qualifications in risk or finance an advantage (FRM, CFA, CQF, etc).
- Critical thinking and ability to interpret a vast and complex amount of information. Requires the skill to articulate risk exposures, financial analysis, and salient insights. Must be able to identify complex scenarios to influence positive business outcomes while highlighting the key economic effects.
- Prior experience in using SAP and/or third-party credit analytics platforms is highly desirable.
- Risk sensitivity and ability to steer decisions through discussions with the business units.
- Flexibility to work under tight deadlines and in a multitasking environment.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of Potash commodity is highly desirable.