See more job openings in Banking
A global financial services company.
Responsible for managing a Compliance team or function. Accountable for performance management process and staffing team. Participates in developing the strategic plan for the team or function and manages the team or function’s expenses.
• Manages a Compliance team or function. Conducts the performance management process, identifies training and development needs, and establishes performance standards for the team.
• Determines staffing needs, makes hiring and firing decisions, handles salary administration, and ensures resources are available to accomplish priorities.
• Participates in developing the business unit Compliance team strategic plan and sets goals and priorities based on the direction set for the team. Follows through to ensure that objectives are met.
• Develops team(s) budget and manages the expenses.
• Provides leadership and guidance to staff, fostering an environment that encourages employee participation, teamwork, and communication
• Advises business partners, including senior management, on compliance with applicable laws, rules and standards, including keeping them informed on developments.
• Develops Compliance programs and acts as a contact point within the company for Compliance inquiries from partners.
• Partners with senior management to identify Compliance programs which should require training, as well as the partners who should take certain classes.
• Oversees the development of Compliance risk metrics to enhance Compliance risk assessments and assess the appropriateness of the company’s Compliance procedures and guidelines.
• 7 or more years experience, preferably in Compliance or risk management; or equivalent related experience.
• Management experience is also preferred.
• Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations, usually acquired through formal education and experience, is required.
• Analytical and communication skills are required to review laws/regulations and assess impact of new regulations and work with business partners to ensure compliance.
• Leadership and organizational skills are required to manage the team and to direct the team’s activities.
Until August 2019