See more job openings in Banking
One of the top local banks in the country.
• Directs the implementation of the risk management framework ; communicate its benefits and business value by promoting and spearheading the use of the various risk management tools
• Conducts quality risk assessments and perform deep dive analysis to identify process and control gaps including root causes of risks
• Ensures the business line specific policies, processes, and procedures are adequate and effectively implemented.
• Identifies the unit’s risk management training needs and ensure appropriate education is provided
• Assists the business unit in developing risk responses, establishing risk mitigating actions and solutions and defining timetables and accountabilities.
• Ensure that the risk mitigation strategies and processes as approved by the board and senior management are executed.
• Determines the unit’s risk exposures, emerging risks and risks that would have an impact to other business units and communicate to Senior Management
• Regularly reviews identified key risks , internal controls and operational risk mitigation strategies and processes within the business unit to effectively manage operational risks within approved risk tolerance , and consistent with enterprise – wide policies and procedures established.
• Provides regular risk updates by preparing risk management reports for reporting to various bank level and board level committees articulating significant risk exposures that need immediate attention.
• At least 10 years of experience in Operational Risk Management with vast experience in Banking Operations, Commercial/ Corporate Banking, IT, Financial Markets, or Business Operations
• Has good analytical and communication skills
Until August 2019