See more job openings in Marketing and Sales
an American global provider of water, hygiene and energy technologies and services to the food, energy, healthcare, industrial and hospitality markets.
The Area Manager (AM) is responsible for the profitable growth and achievement of regional Institutional division objectives. The successful AM leads and develops a team of district managers and other sales leaders to service, sell, and merchandise the value provided by the Institutional Group to a portfolio of customers. Managing the region, the AM owns the achievement of customer retention, growth, and enhanced margin goals for his/her region.
• Create a safety culture ensuring employees are properly trained in and follow all safety guidelines and incident reporting requirements
• Act as a safety champion with employees and customers
Business Planning & Review
• Develop and deliver annual strategic regional business plans in areas of sales, profitability, operating expenses, and capital budgets
• Monitor, analyse, and lead team to identify actions to achieve country and customer specific business plans
• Plan, monitor, and report regional business results, growth opportunities and actions
• Drive regional deployment of divisional programs and initiatives
• Identify and report market trends and business implications across region
Account Management & Customer Value Delivery
• Establish and direct service strategy across region
• Meet regional account profitability targets
• Monitor and identify actions, in partnership with field leaders, to improve regional sales and service performance, total cost, and customer retention
• Actively lead and participate in sales promotions
• Develop, maintain, and monitor key customer relationships
• Utilise field teams to lead business reviews, providing resources to consistently merchandise value of product and service offerings (e.g., Steton, G360, training)
Talent Management & Development
• Hire, lead, and develop team members to achieve individual performance, development, and division business objectives (e.g., sales, product mix, growth)
• Create collaborative team environment driving strong engagement
• Make staffing/project decisions to improve skill level of the team
• Identify succession and development plans for all critical roles within region
• Gain new business through focused and targeted prospecting, industry networking, and partnership with internal sales and support teams
• Oversee customer proposal, trials, contract negotiations and deal closure processes in partnership with field and/or corporate accounts team
• Maintain regional prospect list driving targeted action
Building Effective Teams
• Considers training and developing employees as “job one.”
• Creates environment supportive of individual and team success.
• Sets high standards and models the behaviors he/ she expects in others.
• Manages work performance fair, firm, and consistently.
• Can manoeuvre through complex situations planning his/her approach accordingly – flexible.
• Can persuasively negotiate with all levels in an organization.
• Is able to develop trust throughout an organization.
• Reads people and situations recognising each are distinctly different.
• Strong sales aptitude and experience leading a team of sales professionals
• Proven success in delivering results in a high growth environment
• Experience working with and knowledge of computers (e.g., MS Office suite)
• Exceptional interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
• Excellent organization and follow-up skills
• Ability to work independently, under pressure, and with little direction
• Driver’s license
• Fluency in English and country specific language
• Ability to travel extensively
• 10+ years industry experience – field and corporate experience highly desired
• Bachelor’s degree, preferable in a related field.
August 20 – October 30, 2018